International Thespian Honor Society Background
Established in 1929, the International Thespian Society (ITS) is the Educational Theatre Association's student honorary organization. It is the world's largest honor society recognizing excellence and achievement in middle and high school theatre students. Since its establishment, EdTA has inducted more than 2 million Thespians into ITS in over 4,000 affiliated schools. Tampa Catholic's Thespian Troupe 8254 was charted in Spring of 2016 with nine founding members.
- Holds a cumulative unweighted 3.0 grade point average
- Completed at least 100 hours of quality work in theatre productions
- Actively participates in Theatre TC
Motto and Goals
“Act well your part; there all the honor lies.”
This is the motto of the International Thespian Society. In addition to living out this adage, the International Thespian Society also aims to:
- Honor student achievement in the school and community
- Support theatre arts and the growth of students
- Bring theatre students across the state and country together for competitions
- Provide learning experiences from arts educators and working professionals
- Provide scholarship opportunities
“I promise to uphold the aims and ideals of the International Thespian Society.
I am a student of theatre, and excellence is my ideal.
I promise to perform my part as well as I can;
to accept praise and criticism with grace;
to cooperate with my fellow Thespians to work for the greater good of the troupe;
and to share my love of the theatre.”