Tampa Catholic High School was first accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, or SACS, in December 1968 and has continuously maintained full accreditation. SACS is now a part of AdvancED Worldwide.
The Mission of Tampa Catholic
Tampa Catholic exists to glorify God by:
- Cultivating Academic Excellence
- Growing Personally and Spiritually in the charism of Blessed Edmund Rice
- Serving the Community
Essential Elements of a Christian Brother Education
Written and adopted at the “Education Conference 2000”, Iona College, July 2000
The life of Blessed Edmund Rice – businessman, husband, father, widower, religious brother, teacher, and founder – challenges all involved in Christian Brother Education to live and teach Gospel values in today’s world. His charism inspires the Essential Elements of a Christian Brother Education.
In ministry begun by Jesus Christ and inspired by the vision of Blessed Edmund Rice, a Christian Brother Education …
- Evangelizes youth within the mission of the church
- Proclaims and witnesses to its Catholic identity
- Stands in solidarity with those marginalized by poverty and injustice
- Fosters and invigorates a community of faith
- Celebrates the value and dignity of each person and nurtures the development of the whole person
- Calls for collaboration and shared responsibility in its mission
- Pursues excellence in all its endeavors
Learn more about Blessed Edmund Rice and the Seven Essential Elements of a Christian Brothers Education.
- In a loving God is the foundation of our educational ministry.
- In a holistic education which promotes personal well-being, spiritual growth, and the ability to view the world in an informed way.
- In the pursuit of excellence and the development of each individual’s potential.
- In forming a partnership with parents who are the primary educators of their children.
- In the value of communication skills: reading, writing, speaking, listening, and critical thinking.
- In fostering the courage for moral and spiritual leadership.
- In recognizing the dignity of each individual and practicing Christian justice in our daily lives.
- In placing our talents at the service of others, especially the marginalized.