The class of 2019 has now joined the ranks of our nearly 10,000 graduates as esteemed alumni of Tampa Catholic High School. We are so proud of their accomplishments and the success they earned while students at TC. We look forward to their continued success and are proud of the over $11 million in scholarships earned by the class of 2019. Best wishes and God bless the class of 2019!
As we bring the 2018-19 school year to a close, I want to take a moment to thank our parents and students for choosing Tampa Catholic. We are truly blessed to have you as students and parents and we value the partnership that we have formed with you. Our school is a special community and we look forward to improving, enhancing and building on the great things we have done together. I also want to thank our parents for the amazing response again this year to our Cost of Education Partnership. Your generosity and support truly affirms us and will concretely and directly impact the services we are able to provide to our students. Thank you!
I also want to thank our faculty and staff for their dedication and passion for Tampa Catholic. Our teachers truly change lives and we see it every day. Thank you for your professionalism and for helping to build a community of which we can all be proud.
As our students and teachers leave for the summer, the administrative team and staff will be busily preparing for the 2019-20 school year. We look forward to welcoming the class of 2023 in August. Our goal this summer is to work hard to prepare and ensure a seamless start to the school year in August.
In the new school year, you can look forward to the following significant changes and upgrades:
- The opening of the new Student Services Center. This capital improvement project is expected to be completed by the middle of June and the transition to this new building will begin around July 1. It will house our new main office, guidance, college planning, student support wing, admissions, administration, finance, facilities and advancement offices.
- With the transition to the Student Services Center, we will be renovating and converting the existing Guidance Office (Center) and Advancement Office (North) to classrooms for use in the fall.
- Room 131 (Hurley Center) will be converted and become our new S.T.E.M. Lab. We will be adding 10 more Z Space 3D augmented reality computer units and add several 3D printers to the Lab for student use.
- You will notice enhanced security measures at the N. Rome Avenue crosswalk as we adjust to the opening of the Student Services Center with new gates on both sides of N. Rome Avenue.
- We will be launching a new Mission Trip to Peru to a community sponsored by the Christian Brothers. The trip is planned May 30 – June 6, 2020 and will be open to juniors and seniors. The application and costs associated with this exciting new initiative will be available in the fall. This trip will expose and allow our students to minister and to be in communion with the poor and to witness and participate in God’s work being done by the Christian Brothers in South America.
- We hope to finalize and implement plans for a major renovation and expansion of our school’s gymnasium. This project will include the total renovation and reorganization of all locker rooms, building a new PE/team classroom space, coaches’ offices and the addition of a new Fitness Center on the south side of the gym, parallel to the entrance. It is our hope to move forward with this project next year, pending the completion of design and funding.
- With the exciting announcement of a transformative gift to Tampa Catholic from Lauren and Arnie Bellini (’76), we will immediately begin plans for the Bellini Center for the Arts to be positioned on the existing site of the current Administration Building which will be razed in the very near future.
In addition to these exciting changes we will continue to look for ways to improve our programs and existing facilities and we will have more exciting announcements in the months ahead.
Have a wonderful, restful summer. We will be ready to welcome you back in August. Live Jesus in our hearts forever!
Robert C. Lees