The Tampa Catholic High School Athletic Hall of Fame recognizes individuals, teams, coaches and contributors whose outstanding performance or service distinguishes them and brings prestige to Tampa Catholic High School, and who demonstrate the character and values that define the highest principles of sport.
Induction into the Tampa Catholic Athletic Hall of Fame is the highest honor afforded to an athlete by the Tampa Catholic high school. Nominations were solicited from the Tampa Catholic community and the inductees are selected by the committee.
Nominations are welcome from the public. Criteria for nomination is as follows:
- If nominee is/was an athlete, then as an athlete, the nominee exemplified the highest standards of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and moral character.
- All candidates will be judged on their significant and/or long-term contributions to athletic endeavors.
- Acknowledged leadership in his/her chosen field or community, state and or national presence will be considered.
1. Athlete/Alumni: Any person who has distinguished himself/herself in the field of athletics while a student at Tampa Catholic High School. Criteria considerations include All-State recognition, All-American recognition, Pro Selection, outstanding college accomplishments, and college scholarship recipient or college participant. The first year of eligibility for nominees is the 10 year anniversary of the nominees’ year of graduation. Other considerations may be taken into account but may not take the place of the above criteria. Alumni that distinguish themselves after graduation but did not participate in sports while at Tampa Catholic are not eligible.
2. Coach: Any coach with at least 5 years of service at Tampa Catholic High School. Criteria are based on accomplishments that merit statewide recognition as well as significant contributions to the athletic programs at Tampa Catholic High School.
3. Contributor: Any individual who has made outstanding contributions to the interscholastic athletic programs at Tampa Catholic High School other than coaching and playing.
4. Teams: Members of State Championship teams will be specially honored by the Hall of Fame and invited to return to Induction Ceremony as a team.