Guidance will make a presentation to Sophomores during the second semester.
The following check list will be helpful to Sophomores as they begin the process of choosing a college:
- Work hard to get good grades.
- Get involved in meaningful activities and develop your leadership skills.
- Take PSAT when offered. This is the practice test for sophomores, but it will give you a good estimation of what to expect in junior year when the test counts.
- Be come familiar with college entrance requirements (curriculum, GPA, test score). Attend a college fair. Explore college options, gather information, and make informal visits. Start thinking about your interests and abilities in terms of possible college majors.
- In the spring, select appropriate courses for eleventh grade based on your college choices.
- Choose summer activities geared toward a career field you are considering.
- Update your activities list. Add your sophomore activities, awards, etc.
- Save money for college.