Mrs. Haldane has specific office hours for seniors. She is available for drop-in questions after school. If you need more time, make an appointment.
The following check list will be helpful to seniors as they choose and apply for college admission:
- Monitor the “Sr. Announcements” and “Upcoming College Information Sessions” links daily. This is where you will receive a lot of college information.
- Continue to work hard to get good grades.
- Attend Mrs. Haldane's college workshop in Theology.
- Turn in authorization, college planning sheet, and senior information sheet as soon as possible before the end of August.
- Sign up for the SAT/ACT if necessary.
- Complete college applications correctly and thoroughly
- Follow Tampa Catholic deadlines for school documentation.
- Athletes: be sure to file NCAA Clearinghouse.
- Send applications well before the deadlines.
- Complete financial aid and scholarship forms (December and January)
- Make final decision
- Send final transcript to the college you will attend.
After you have applied to college/university there are four possible responses to your application:
- Deferment: An admission decision option that requires more information from the student before a decision can be made. There is often a required deadline for this information. This is a second chance for the student. Please bring the deferment letter or email to guidance for processing.
- Waitlist: An admission decision to describe the process in which a decision is initially delayed. There is a possibility of admission in the future. The student needs to follow the Waitlist directions.