- Our School
- Honors Course Offerings
- School Counseling Department
- ACT Test
- AP & DE Courses
- Career Planning Help
- College Athletics
- College Search
- Information for Freshmen
- Information for Juniors
- Information for Seniors
- Information for Sophomores
- PLAN Test
- PSAT/NMSQT Reports
- SAT / ACT Comparison
- SAT Test
- Scholarships and Aid
- School Profile
- Standardized Test Preparation
- Study / Homework help
- Campus Ministry
- Honor Societies
- Student Ambassadors
- Student Clubs
- Student Government
- Student Service Program
Tampa Catholic High School is a ministry of the Diocese of St. Petersburg entrusted to dedicated religious and laity. The young men and women in our care represent the diversity of the communities we serve. As educators in a Catholic environment, we nurture academic, spiritual, and personal growth while promoting life-long learning and commitment to service and justice. Inspired by the Gospel and animated by the charism of Blessed Edmund Rice, founder of the Christian Brothers, our mission celebrates the value and dignity of each person.
Goals of Tampa Catholic
- To provide for the spiritual and religious development of the students by promoting Gospel values
- To provide a curriculum that encourages students to be creative and critical thinkers, knowledgeable, life-long learners, and well-adjusted, confident contributors
- To provide courses at different ability levels that prepare students for college and/or career opportunities after high school
- To offer programs and student support services including guidance, media center, computer technology and fine arts
- To build communication networks among administration, faculty, and parents and to encourage the involvement of parents in school activities
- To promote student social development through a varied program of co-curricular activities
- To provide a safe environment that facilitates learning and research
Philosophy & Beliefs
The ultimate goal of the Tampa Catholic High School community is the development of the whole person with Christ as the model and His Spirit as the source of strength. Our school exists to carry out the threefold purpose of Catholic education as defined in TO TEACH AS JESUS DID: teaching the Message of God as revealed in Christ and through His Church; building Community through fellowship in the life of the Holy Spirit; and providing opportunities for Service to the entire human community - witnessing the Christian way of life. Within this context, Tampa Catholic students are encouraged to establish and develop their growth as whole persons (spiritual, physical, moral, emotional, social and intellectual) as rooted and grounded in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
In accord with the mission statement of the Congregation of Christian Brothers, "We commit ourselves to Christian education and to prophetic action on behalf of the materially poor in the confidence that in all our truly human interactions God is transforming us as well as the people we serve.”
Statement of Beliefs
Our faith in a loving God is the foundation of our educational ministry.
- We believe in a holistic education which promotes personal well-being, spiritual growth, and the ability to view the world in an informed way.
- We believe in the pursuit of excellence and the development of each individual’s potential.
- We believe in forming a partnership with parents who are the primary educators of their children.
- We believe in the value of communication skills: reading, writing, speaking, listening, and critical thinking.
- We believe in fostering the courage for moral and spiritual leadership.
- We believe in recognizing the dignity of each individual and practicing Christian justice in our daily lives.
- We believe in placing our talents at the service of others, especially the marginalized.