- Our School
- Assessment Philosophy and Policy
- Academic Retake Policies
- Honors Course Offerings
- School Counseling Department
- ACT Test
- AP & DE Courses
- Career Planning Help
- College Athletics
- College Search
- Information for Freshmen
- Information for Juniors
- Information for Seniors
- Information for Sophomores
- PLAN Test
- PSAT/NMSQT Reports
- SAT / ACT Comparison
- SAT Test
- Scholarships and Aid
- School Profile
- Standardized Test Preparation
- Study / Homework help
- Campus Ministry
- Honor Societies
- Student Ambassadors
- Student Clubs
- Student Government
- Student Service Program
Coach Name:Don Dziagwa
Phone Number:813-870-0860 x 294
|Tues.||Nov. 10||Northeast||Pre-season Classic||TBA|
|Wed.||Nov. 11||Northeast||Pre-season Classic||TBA|
|Sat.||Nov. 21||Orlando||SourceHoops HoopFest||TBA|
|Tues.||Nov. 24||HOME||Brooks DeBartolo||7:30|
|Tues.||Dec. 1||HOME||Cardinal Mooney||7:00|
|Tues.||Dec. 8||Away||Cardinal Mooney||7:00|
|Fri.||Dec. 11||HOME||Sarasota Military||7:30|
|Fri.||Dec. 18||Ft. Myers||City of Palms Classic||6:00|
|Mon.-Wed.||Dec. 21-23||Tampa Prep||City of Tampa Championship||TBA|
|Sat.-Wed.||Dec. 26-30||Chicago||East Aurora Classic||TBA|
|Satl.||Jan. 2||Away||Berkeley Prep Invitational||TBA|
|Tues||Jan. 5||Away||Berkeley Prep||7:30|
|Wed.||Jan. 6||Away||Brooks DeBartolo||7:30|
|Tues.||Jan. 12||Away||Sarasota Military||7:30|
|Wed.||Jan. 20||HOME||Berkeley Prep||7:30|
|Fri-Sat.||Jan. 22-23||Berkeley||ARS HoopFest||TBA|
|Tues.||Jan. 26||Away||Tampa Prep||7:30|
|Tues.||Feb. 2||TBA||District Tournament||TBA|
|Thurs.||Feb. 11||TBA||Regional Quarterfinal||7:00|
|Tues.||Feb. 16||TBA||Regional Semifinal||7:00|
|Fri.||Feb. 19||TBA||Regional Final||7:00|
|Tues.-Sat.||Feb. 23-27||Lakeland||State Final Four||TBA|
Always noted for playing very tough schedules the 2015-16 schedule appears to be one of the toughest in the history of the team. The team will be playing in 4 showcase events this season, SourseHoops in Orlando, City of the Palms Classic in Ft. Myers where the team will play one showcase game, Berkeley Invitational against Wharton (one of the top public schools in the county), and the ARS HoopFest at Berkeley where the Crusaders will play Oldsmar Christian (6 D1 players) and Memphis Germantown. Along with these showcase events the team will be traveling to Chicago over the Christmas break to play in the 50th annual East Aurora Holiday Classic. This is one of the top tournaments in the Chicago area every year. The team is making a repeat appearance in this tourney as 10 years ago TC played in the 40th annual event. Before Christmas the team will play in the City of Tampa Championship at Tampa Prep.
TC's district games this year are Berkeley Prep, Brooks DeBartolo, Cardinal Mooney, CCC, and Sarasota Military. Tampa Prep will play host to te Crusaders for one game late in the year and there are the 2 Jesuit games that are sur to be sell-outs htis season. It should prove to be a challenging schedule to the team and some great basketball action for our fans.
Dziagwa is a 1977 graduate of Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia. Upon graduation he returned to his high school alma mater Parkersburg Catholic, also nicknamed the Crusaders, to teach and coach. After two years there he moved to Wheeling, WV to join Skip Prosser, former head coach at Wake Forest University, at Central Catholic H.S. While an assistant, Central advanced to the West Virginia Final Four and Dziagwa’s JV and sophomore teams had a combined 28-1 record. After two years as the head coach at St. Mary’s H.S., Dziagwa moved to Florida and became an assistant at Tampa Catholic. The head coach at the time was Gordon Gibbons, now in the Florida High School Hall of Fame.. Dziagwa was an assistant at TC for 3 seasons, one of which TC advanced to the State Final Four, before he took the head coaching job at Leto H.S. Dziagwa spent 5 seasons at Leto before returning to TC as the head coach.
Dziagwa has been named the All-Suncoast Coach of the Year twice. He has been named County Coach of the Year three times, and coached the South team to a 106-105 victory over the North in the 1996 Florida all-star game. His teams have won the Hillsborough County Team of the Year Award twice. TC has played games in Europe, New York, California (2), Georgia (2), Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Las Vegas. He has also traveled with all-star teams to the Soviet Union, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Slovenia, and the Netherlands Dziagwa runs a very successful summer basketball camp at TC that annually attracts over 200 players each year. He has served twice on the state basketball coaches’ advisory board.
Dziagwa has been active coaching AAU basketball. He has coached teams that have advanced to 5 AAU National Championship tournaments. When he first moved to Florida he was an assistant for 2 years with Team Florida helping them win a national championship in 1984.
Coach Dziagwa is married to the former Mary Lamoureux, daughter of former Tampa Catholic teacher, Nancy Lamoureux, and is employed at Villa Madonna. Mary is a Tampa Catholic graduate. They are the proud parents of four, Matt 26, a senior at St. Pete College, and a TC assistant coach, Annie 25, a recent graduate of Flagler College, Grace 21, a senior at the University of Alabama, all 3 are TC graduates, and Thomas 17, a senior at TC and a member of the team.
TAMPA CATHOLIC 1000 POINT CLUB
Over the Past Twenty-Four Years…
Tampa Catholic has achieved unparalleled success in its boy’s basketball program. A program that has achieved success in the past has become one of the most consistent programs in the state and a model for other programs to build upon.
Since the 1991-92 Season, the Crusaders have…
- Won 407 games, or 17 wins per season.
- Seven 20-win seasons. On four other occasions the team won 19 games.
- Eight district championships. TC has seventeen district championships in its storied history.
- Ten-district runner-up finishes.
- Eighteen trips to the Regionals.
- Six trips to the regional finals.
- Four trips to the State Final Four. TC had one Final Four appearance prior to 1991.
- Been named the Hillsborough County Team of the Year on two occasions.
- Won one State Championship in 1995.
- Fifteen players who have scored over 1000 points during this time span. TC has a total of twenty-four 1000-point scorers, more than any other Hillsborough county school.
- Have been ranked in the top 10 in the state poll 11 times. Ironically the Crusaders finished out of the top 10 at the end of the regular season in 1995, the State Championship year.
- Have been ranked # 1 during the season on several occasions. The 1995-6 season saw the Crusaders ranked #1 throughout the season only to lose to Pahokee in the regional final in an unbelievable setting that still evokes stories from those in attendance.
- Had a day named in their honor by the mayor of the city of Tampa. This occurred on March 8, 1995.
- Had one state class 3A player of the year and numerous all-county, all- Suncoast, and all-state honorees.
- Has a current player, Kevin Knox, who played on the USA National 16U team that won Gold in Argentina in the summer of 2015.
- Have played in tournaments in California (2), New York, Atlanta (2), Chicago (2), Washington, DC and Las Vegas. The Crusaders also traveled to Austria, Slovenia, and Italy in the summer of 1996.
TRADITION & EXCELLENCE
1968 1972 1975 1980 1981
1982 1984 1985 1991 1992
1993 1995 1996 1998 1999
1985 1991 1995 1997 2000 2011
1985 1995 1997 2000 2011
- Homecoming 2015 Schedule of Events
- List of Important Contacts for the 2015-2016 School Year
- Important Dates for the 2015-2016 Academic Year
- Helpful Videos and Resources - These videos and other resources will be helpful for parents as you begin the new school year.
- TC Graphic Standards Manual - PDF
- Online Bookstore
- Purchase TC Spiritwear
- iBook Ordering Information
- Parent/Student/Teacher Portal
- Transcript Request Alumni - 2015 Graduate transcripts have been sent to requested College/University