- Our School
- Honors Course Offerings
- School Counseling Department
- ACT Test
- AP & DE Courses
- Career Planning Help
- College Athletics
- College Search
- Information for Freshmen
- Information for Juniors
- Information for Seniors
- Information for Sophomores
- PLAN Test
- PSAT/NMSQT Reports
- SAT / ACT Comparison
- SAT Test
- Scholarships and Aid
- School Profile
- Standardized Test Preparation
- Study / Homework help
- Campus Ministry
- Class of 2014 Important Dates
- Class of 2014 Important Dates
- Honor Societies
- Student Ambassadors
- Student Clubs
- Student Government
- Student Service Program
The National Hispanic Honor Society was founded by the American Association of Teacher of Spanish and Portuguese in 1953 for the students of North American secondary schools. The TC chapter is Paulina Pedroso. Their moto is “All together”. The colors are red and gold and the insignia and seal are those of the national organization.
The purposes of this society are:
- To honor those who attain excellence in the study of the Spanish language and in the study of the literature and culture of the Spanish-speaking peoples;
- To honor those who have made the Hispanic contributions to modern culture better known in the English-speaking world;
- To encourage college and university students to acquire a greater interest in and a deeper understanding of Hispanic culture;
- To foster friendly relations and mutual respect between the nations of Hispanic speech and those of English speech;
- To serve its membership in ways which will contribute to the attainment of the goals and ideals of the society.
Tampa Catholic Juniors and Seniors with at least an unweighted 3.0 GPA overall and a 3.5 unweighted GPA in Spanish Language courses, and who have demonstrated involvement in their school and community, are eligible for acceptance.
Section 1. The name of this organization is the Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica, also known as the Spanish national honor society.
Section 2. The society is classified as a national and international academic honor society in the study of high school Spanish, of which we are a chapter.
Section 3. The purpose of our chapter is to recognize high achievement in Spanish by students of Tampa Catholic, promote continuity of interest in Hispanic studies and culture, and foster activities that will benefit other students of Spanish, the school community in general, and the Hispanic community of Tampa.
Section 4. A regularly enrolled student at Tampa Catholic who has maintained an honor average in the study of Spanish for at least four semesters is eligible for full membership in the society. The student must be enrolled in the study of the language at the time of initiation or have taken advanced placement Spanish and obtained between 3 and 5 honor points on the national AP examination.
Section 5. A student who does not meet the above mentioned requirements or is not currently enrolled in the study of Spanish may participate in activities of the society as an associate member at the discretion of the chapter’s sponsor. Associate members do not receive and can not wear an emblem patch of the society at graduation or other official ceremonies. However, they will receive a certificate as associate members of the society.
Section 6. Full members of the society will be initiated at the official initiation of honor societies as scheduled in the school’s calendar. Associate members will be presented at that ceremony too.
Section 7. Annual membership fees, both for full members as well as associate members, will be indicated at the first official meeting of the chapter. These fees must be sent to the national director In order to remain an active chapter within the national organization.
“Como miembro del capítulo Paulina Pedroso prometo dedicarme al estudio de la lengua española con el fin de dominar-la algún día. Como ciu-da-dano de mi patria, prometo promover la amistad y el en-ten-di-mien-to entre ella y los otros países del mundo. Esta es mi promesa y juramento.”
- 2014-15 Re-registration
- Key dates for the 2014-2015 School Year
- Class of 2014 Important Dates - New!
- Campus Master Plan Process Presentation
- Tampa Catholic iPad Program Frequently Asked Questions
- 2013-2014 Student Handbook - PDF
- TC Graphic Standards Manual - PDF
- Online Bookstore
- TC Online Spirit Store
- Parent/Student/Teacher Portal - Access Student Grades
- Technology Help